A.R.F. Pet ID:16844356 - No longer available for adoption
- Species: Cat
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair (short coat)
- Age: Adult (born on 7/13/2020)
- Sex: Female
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Good with Cats? Yes
- Good with Kids? Yes
Looking for an orange cat? Looking for a black cat? Look no further! Ahonui has a beautiful split face of orange AND black! This gorgeous young lady is Ahonui, whose name means patience in Hawaiian. Ahonui came to ARF with a group of 6 kittens who she was feeding but they were not her babies! The shelter where she came from had given her 6 orphans and she was a fantastic mama to them. She is probably around a year old and is super friendly and playful. She does not seem to like dogs very much, but would probably be ok with another cat given a proper introduction.
Ahonui is micro-chipped, up to date on all vaccinations, spayed, and litter box trained. She sits very nicely for nail trims and may not be declawed.
Ahonui's adoption fee is $95. If you are interested in meeting this sweet lady, please fill out our Online Application today! Once your application has been approved, an ARF volunteer will be able to contact you to arrange a meeting.
More Info About Ahonui
- Up-to-date on vaccines: Yes
- Current size (lbs): 8.0
- Color: Tortoiseshell
- Coat length: Short
- Eye color: Green
- Declawed: No
- Foster: KHau
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
- Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
- Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
- Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
- Age-appropriate vaccines
- Pre-adoption medical exam
- A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
- Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
If a cat or dog is on our website, it is still available for adoption but might have other applicants. If you find yourself interested in one of our animals, submit a no-commitment application immediately. Submitting an application does not commit you to any animal, but does get you a head start with the adoption approval process. Due to a high volume of applications, we are often unable to respond to questions until your application has been approved in approximately 3-5 business days.
We do not schedule meetings until you have an approved application.
A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation does not have a facility where applicants can visit our animals. The majority of our dogs and cats are brought to adoption events by our volunteers. We invite everyone to come to our events, but we give priority to pre-approved applicants.
If you’re invited to meet an animal:
- Plan to arrive on time (or early), as we cannot hold animals for any reason.
- All human household members and dogs (if adopting another dog), must be present in order to be considered as a potential adopter.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation!